For when you’re very very hungry but don’t want a post-lunch carb coma, the Chicken Cobb Power Salad. It’s time consuming if you’re making everything from scratch right before serving but many of the components can be prepped in advance, which I highly recommend. I always try to keep a good supply of salad materials on hand before a craving strikes.
Ingredients as follows for one to two servings, assemble as you wish.
Chicken Cobb Power Salad
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 large slice of red cabbage
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 3 to 4 tomato slices
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red onion or shallots
- 3 to 4 ounces of grilled chicken chopped
- 2 ounces of fried bacon, patted dry and crumbled
- 1 fried egg, fry in the bacon grease if you’re feeling rich
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
Serve with dressing of choice, a homemade vinaigrette or creamy blue cheese dressing pairs beautifully with this salad.